Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 17


Can't believe we had another dreary day with freezing rain.  However, the slightly warm weather is a plus 

I have always loved the forced solitude of winter.   I was out with friends last night and I was completely happy to spend my entire day at home today, wood fire going, house warm and cozy.  Perfect.

Seems like many friends want to head south.  But, I really truly embrace winter.  Found this Steinbeck quote today.  It speaks to the fact that I'm becoming seasonal in nature.  I feel no need to escape the winter.  In fact, I'm headed to Maine in a few weeks. 



“What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America


In attemping to keep with the 365 day photo challenge, I'll post a few photos taken this past week.  I'm shooting with a simple point and shoot.  Temperatures were too cold for my DSLR.






Waiting for the light to change - Sidney, NY 


 
 
 

1 comment: