Thursday, February 1, 2018

February 1

Yikes! January has already slipped away. Fortunately, I'm feeling my romance with winter kicking in again. The few spring-like days made me long to jump on my bike or paddle my kayak, but now I wait for the BIG snow. I want to snowshoe and cross country ski. Soon...! I hope.

Wood fire roaring now. Hauled lots of wood inside this afternoon. There's still a wood stash on the porch, but I save that for the bitter cold days. Those are the days when I don't want to venture outside. Plus, the wood shed is a bit of a hike from the house.

Posting some photos of the frosty railings at Niagara Falls today. No leaning on these railings. Very icy. But their beauty was captivating.

Amazing that the paths in the town and around the Falls were completely free of ice. No idea how they made that happen, especially with the mist from the Falls flying around everywhere. It was all pretty magical.




I love this particular photo because you can see a rainbow through the railings. Lots of rainbows that day. Special.




That's all ice on top of the railing, not snow.




Another icy railing...this is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment